I’ve still got some of those vintage Japanese banners left to rehome, plus a Make Tea sampler. They’re all £10 each including first class UK postage which is pretty reasonable, eh? If you’d like something, leave a comment or send an email to email@example.com.
The irony of me having written this tutorial for a Star Wars themed cross stitch sampler is, of course, that I haven’t seen Star Wars. My talented colleague Stephen helped me to inject the tutorial with references and in-jokes. It’s a couple of years old now, but still a good project for any geeks in your life for Monday!
A full 7 years ago (that makes me feel old), I had a customer get in touch to ask me to make something for the office wall – I think they were a doctor or social worker, I can’t remember which now. It is without doubt the most chucklesome custom piece I’ve done to date.
If you have a piece you’d like to see stitched up, I can make it happen, you know. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk.
I’ve moved my Bellwether blogging over to this one, too, so hello to any new Bellwethery people reading!
My colleague Chris got married to a beautiful lady called Zenobia recently. It was a lovely day and a really fun wedding to attend. We danced to an amazing proper disco band and laughed lots.
I wanted to make them a sampler to commemorate their day, but was pretty short on time to design something myself, so I took to the internet and found Imagination Admin.
I thought this was particularly fitting because the bride is a librarian, so I bought the chart, which the lovely Ashley customised for me and sent over really quickly. Great service! I tweaked it a bit to fit the frame I had chosen (I knew they were having a gold theme for the wedding which fitted well with my classic frames) and came up with this:
I added a wee Issued By bit, too:
I’m pleased to say that the happy couple seemed to love it! Hooray for love. And cross stitch.
If moving house teaches you one thing, it’s that you have too much stuff. It’s only when you have to carry all your belongings, every last one, into a new house that you realise you need to thin it out. Starting with some of the extraneous stuff in my studio/office, I’m clearing out some stuff. I started over on Instagram the other day and some of it’s already gone, but here’s what’s left. Instructions at the end for how to purchase! Please spread the word.
SOLD! 1. Big reel of vintage style “admit one” cinema tickets in mint green. I brought these back from USA a few years ago and never did anything with them. £10 for the lot including UK P&P. I’d rather not split these into smaller lots. SOLD! 2. 2 x 9cm diameter wooden cross stitch blanks. These are priced at £5 each, including UK P&P.
3. Wee sampler that I never did anything with – £6 inc UK P&P.
4. 15ft roll of cupcake ribbon, approx 1cm wide. £2 inc UK P&P.
5. This is two seperate lots – both are ecru/grey evenweave linen aida type fabric borders – one is 7cm wide and the bigger is 16cm wide. Both are approximately 1m long. £5 for the bigger and £3.50 for the smaller, both including UK P&P. (Specify which width you’d like). £8 for both.
SOLD! 6. Wee pair of folding mini scissors in a plastic case – £2 inc UK P&P.
7. Glue sticks – wrong size for my glue gun – new and unused. £2.50 including UKP&P.
8. Set of 10 Hello, my name is… stickers in red and white – £1.50 including UK P&P (I have more than one of these).
SOLD! 9. 1 pink 3″ flexihoop and 1 white flexihoop – both for £4 including UK P&P.
10. iSlice paper cutter – £2.25 including UK P&P. Unwrapped and new.
11. Set of 2 mini cross stitch aida keychains – £3.50 including UK P&P.
12. Approx 1m squared of sock monkey cotton fabric from reprodepot, few years back – £5 including UK P&P.
SOLD! 13. Pack of double-ended cross stitch and tapestry needles. I have opened the pack – couldn’t get to grips with them, personally. £1.50 including UK P&P. 14. 7.75cm x 5.75cm portrait wooden cross stitch blank with jump ring. £8 including UK P&P. SOLD! 16. Set of 8 round plastic canvas blanks, approximately 4 inches in diameter – £2 including UK P&P.
20. 5m of red and white baker twine/butcher string/whatever you call it. £2 including UK P&P. Longer lengths are available, let me know.
21. Vintage style tape measures – I have 2 blue and 2 yellow. £1.50 each including UK P&P, or if you want all 4, you can have them for £4 including UK P&P.
24. Matroyshka deco tape £2.50 including UK P&P.
How To Purchase
Send an email to email@example.com stating the item number(s) you wish to purchase.
Once you receive confirmation from me that you can have it (to make sure of no duplicate sales!), send funds to same email address via Paypal.
Items will be dispatched by Second Class Royal Mail post shortly afterwards. Proof of posting will be retained. In the event of any missing items, I will provide you with the proof of postage for you to make a claim directly.
Contact me with any questions at the same email address.
Have at it! I’ll likely add more things at a later date. Spread the word far and wide.