Been busy at the cross stitch salt mines.
- Making a ton of badges for a custom order for a charity (and drinking out of my Max mug that Sarah gave me for Christmas.
- Framing lots of samplers for my very favourite shop, Red Door Gallery in Edinburgh.
- Stitching a new design to make into a kit soon, inspired by The Thick Of It.
- Making mini matchbox cross stitch pendant kits available online.
- Breaking out the stickers I designed and had printed for my orders (there’s also a Fragile and an Airmail one too)
I’m working on another thing at the moment that I designed and charted out over TWO YEARS ago* but just never got round to stitching until now. Hopefully it won’t be another two years before I finish it.
*OK, it was actually over three years ago, now I think back. I’m ashamed.
I’m Claire and I live near Glasgow, in Scotland. I have strong family ties to Cincinnati, too and regard it as my second home. If I had to describe myself in five words, it would be thus: Does. Not. Suffer. Fools. Gladly.
I’ve been cross stitching pretty much all my life, but professionally since 2005, first as Miso Funky, then as The Bellwether and now under my own name. I'm known for my witty, sarcastic and occasionally profane typographic designs. My work has been featured in The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Channel 4 and on BBC television as well as numerous media outlets across the globe. At one point, I was kind of a big deal but I mostly just dabble in it these days when I have time.
My website is a repositry of cross stitch charts, travel and food blogging and you'll find it at www.antibullshitleague.com.
I also love to travel and eat, ideally travelling somewhere great to eat something brilliant. I'm fascinated by social history, particularly the Victorians and will absolutely beat you hands down in a quiz about the Tudors. Dogs are LIFE.
I like being in water and have lots of ideas that will never see the light of day but would definitely be a winner on Dragon’s Den/Shark Tank. I love to give people gifts. I! also! overuse! exclamation! marks! sorry!
View All Posts
One thought on “Back To Business”
I love your Max mug and your stickers! Keep up the good work 🙂