1. Started learning Japanese
2. Attended a wedding and acquainted Lee with the Slosh
3. Bought and built some bookcases which made me inexplicably over-excited
4. Taken up tap dancing after a 16-odd years hiatus
5. Become a Scottish Slimmer – Fat Fighter – and lost 6 pounds
6. Discovered that I don’t like spinach
7. Been told I am being sent to Bangkok for a week in November for work
8. Gone back to being brunette
9. Knitted a lot of scarves, some hats and some mittens
10. Been offered a new job but turned it down
I’m Claire and I live near Glasgow, in Scotland. I have strong family ties to Cincinnati, too and regard it as my second home. If I had to describe myself in five words, it would be thus: Does. Not. Suffer. Fools. Gladly.
I’ve been cross stitching pretty much all my life, but professionally since 2005, first as Miso Funky, then as The Bellwether and now under my own name. I'm known for my witty, sarcastic and occasionally profane typographic designs. My work has been featured in The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Channel 4 and on BBC television as well as numerous media outlets across the globe. At one point, I was kind of a big deal but I mostly just dabble in it these days when I have time.
My website is a repositry of cross stitch charts, travel and food blogging and you'll find it at www.antibullshitleague.com.
I also love to travel and eat, ideally travelling somewhere great to eat something brilliant. I'm fascinated by social history, particularly the Victorians and will absolutely beat you hands down in a quiz about the Tudors. Dogs are LIFE.
I like being in water and have lots of ideas that will never see the light of day but would definitely be a winner on Dragon’s Den/Shark Tank. I love to give people gifts. I! also! overuse! exclamation! marks! sorry!
View All Posts
One thought on “10 things I have done since I last wrote anything here”
Hmmm… don’t forget “attracted a load of blog spammers.” Oh, and changed the font colour to a much more readable black – good move.
And Spinach rules, by the way.